Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Invitations

Day 15 of 30 Day Blog Post:

Ok PLN, what do you do when you extend an invitation and no one responds? Today I took part in a building level presentation. I shared my journey as an innovative educator for the last year, and I invited the staff to join me. No responses as of yet. I might be writing this blog premature, and people will come out of the woodwork eventually. I am being optimistic.

When does the role of a teacher trying to help a district move forward become the role of the administrator to make it happen? I am an aspiring administrator. I have applied for over 12 positions this Spring. I have interviewed, and I get the common response, " Not enough experience." What does that mean? Experience not moving people forward, and continuing the status quo?

I am tired of trying to help people see their potential, and being vilified because I am a cohort, and not their superior making it happen. When will the world of education from top down make a difference? Teachers hold their students accountable daily, why don't school boards hold administrators accountable, and administrators hold their teachers accountable? In my opinion, this is why education does not move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment