Monday, May 2, 2011

Max, This One Is For You

Day 5 of the 30 Day Blog Challenge:

My buddy Max has been both a support system and a forum for argument over the last six months. Max is the Vice President of Ogden Development, in Neenah, WI. He has a conservative approach to life, and I appreciate it. Over the course of the past six months we have debated intensively about the economy, politics, and public education. There have been times when I completely disagree with him on certain topics (public education being one), but I respect his stance as a person working in the private sector. His family business is very prosperous and he has had a hand in that success. Max is always one of the first people to read my blog, and either call or text me about it. He gives me honest and fair feedback that I can internalize as I strive to be better.

Surrounding yourself as a professional with a variety of mindsets is important for growth. I have friends and coworkers that are like minded and we often have conversations that build upon our success. Seeing and hearing perspectives that are different than mine help keep me in the loop as to what the world outside of education is like and how I can build relationships with parents and community to create the common goal of success. Thank you Max for always pushing the envelope with me and being the prod in my side to make me reflect, so that I make the right decisions for my students. We don't always see eye to eye, but that is what keeps our friendship strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment