Thursday, June 30, 2011

Rest

So I haven't been very active in the blogosphere as an author over the past month. I have had bloggers block. I started about 10 different posts, but never published any of them. I didn't like them, I didn't think they had the substance they needed to be worthy to be read by my readers and friends. I took sometime off to rest.

We all need rest. Many of the sports teams and athletes I follow take time off after their season has ended to reenergize, refocus, and set new goals to be better the next season. You can say in away I have done the same as a teacher and person. I still followed my twitter friends, and Facebook friends, read through my RSS feed everyday, but I was not active. I did not have voice.

Now that the rest time is over for me, it is time to get back in the game. It is time to be a player, not a watcher. As I prepare to teach a new grade, work for a new Superintendent, and be a part of a new grade level team, silence is not going to work. Sitting back and being a fly on the wall will not help me or my students. Consider my rest time over.

No comments:

Post a Comment